The best way to ensure security and privacy at the same time.
The SmartCheck system is the industry’s most effective way to screen individuals for hidden weapons and contraband.
Using AS&E’s Z Backscatter® technology, the SmartCheck personnel inspection system shows nothing more than a chalk outline of each screened individual, yet it clearly reveals the shape, size, and location of hidden threats or contraband—including organic threats that metal detectors can miss.
As a result, there’s no need for intrusive and time-consuming pat-down searches. For additional privacy and security, the image analysis console is located discretely away from the system.
- Comprehensive personnel screening system.
- Superior-quality images are faster and easier to interpret than those of competing imaging systems.
- Displays plastic and liquid explosives, composite weapons, plastic and metal guns, ceramic and metal knives, recording devices, drugs, and other contraband.
- Safe for all individuals and complies fully with applicable personnel screening standards.
- Small footprint fits through standard doorways
- Scan Time: 10 seconds
- Privacy image to protect privacy of scanned individuals
The SmartCheck system is safe for all individuals and meets the applicable Health Physics Society/American National Standards Institute (ANSI) personnel screening standard as referenced by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The effective dose from the SmartCheck system is less than 0.1 microSieverts per scan (equivalent to 10 microRem).
It is important to keep in mind that all of us are exposed to ionizing radiation — from sources such as the sun's rays — every single day of our lives. To put this into perspective, 0.1 µSv is equivalent to:
- The radiation a person receives from flying in an airplane for about two minutes at 30,000 feet (due to the increased exposure from cosmic rays).
- One percent (1%) of the radiation dose received by the average person on any day of the year.
- Privacy Software: Privacy-enhanced SmartCheck creates an image that looks like a chalk outline of the passenger with potential threats outlined, with information to identify the nature and location of threats, but does not reveal facial features, nor anatomical detail.
- Operational Procedures to Assure Privacy: The SmartCheck system creates only the privacy-enhanced images and the images cannot be printed, stored, exported or transmitted. The images are automatically erased after review by the operator, who is located in a remote secure area away from the screening process. This also ensures that the security analyst does not see and is not able to identify the person being scanned.